Planning to set up a new business or come up with a great idea for a new business but not sure what to do then you can follow others’ footsteps by registering a domain for your new domain.
What if you’ve discovered a domain as per your business but unfortunately, it’s already registered the .com version of your domain then what is next?
As per the study, there are 1 billion+ websites that are growing every single day. Ahead, .com holds good numbers of registration worldwide. If somehow domain names become famous on a different TLD (top level domain) then you can consider re-buying the same and tangled the .com.
Don’t rely on your naming idea. You’ll get unlimited options to set up a domain name.
What to do if .Com domain isn’t available?
It’s always appreciated to look for domain registering solutions. It’s important to think about how you can bring traffic to your website.
If you’ve invested in offline advertising like TV commercials, billboards, or business cards, it’s critical that the domain is easy to pronounce.
However, investing in a new name might be an exciting task and an easy way to locate your perfect domain, but it also includes unwanted consequences too.
A famous example that we can see of online photo service Flickr which faces the diversion of heavy number of traffic to Flicker.com.
On the other hand, organic search is the prime technique that will help users to get your website, at that time having a right domain will also not help you at most.
In terms of mobile search, user faces challenges to locate your domain in organic search results. Here, you’ve to drop an idea of having a great domain.
Simultaneously on desktop search, the result of the domain isn’t listed in the proper way. In paid marketing channels – social or search – the domain name will be the normal factor in the performance of marketing campaigns. If you want to setup a reseller hosting account then opt for unlimited web hosting cPanel option.
Check below the list of ideas to help you to start with:
Skip .com and opt for other sources other than direct type – in traffic:
Many users divert themselves from your domain and will likely not even notice if you’ve opted for .net, .org, .us, or any other.
Opt for the new Top–level Domains (TLDs) like .agency, .jobs, .online, or etc.
Due to these popular TLDs .com, .in, .net, .org, etc. Users are not aware of these TLDs even exist and it doesn’t affect the traffic, if it’s from search and referral sources.
Check for synonyms
If your domain is taken by someone then you can opt for synonyms to get a new name. You can search for online tools to get synonyms.
Opt for domain name generator tool
Try using domain name tools like NameMesh.com and Domainr, Name Ideas Generator, etc.
Arrange words in your domain name, try rearranging their order if possible
Sometimes you might face the challenge of rearranging the domain order but it’s always a good option for arranging the domain to get a perfect and easy to spell domain.
Add extra word in domain name
Let’s assume you’ve taken marketerworld and it’s not available then adding another word to it will help you to get a new domain name: topmarketerworld. Moreover, adding a word will benefit you in multiple ways. Are you a blogger and wanted to start a blog then consider linux shared hosting India plan to avail excellent benefit.
Best Domain Practices
At the end, you may rely upon any domain name but adopting a best domain practices will be worth:
- Keep it short and memorable: Choose a domain name that is easy to remember, easy to spell, and easy to pronounce.
- Use keywords: Including relevant keywords in your domain name can help improve your website’s search engine optimization (SEO) and make it easier for people to find you online.
- Avoid hyphens and numbers: Using hyphens or numbers in your domain name can make it harder for people to remember and find your website.
- Choose the right domain extension: Choose a domain extension that reflects the purpose of your website. For example, .com is the most popular domain extension and is great for businesses, while .org is often used for non-profit organizations.
- Check for trademark conflicts: Before registering your domain name, check to make sure there are no trademark conflicts. You can do this by conducting a trademark search on the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) website.
- Use a reputable domain registrar: Choose a reputable domain registrar to ensure that your domain is registered correctly and you have access to all the necessary tools and resources.
- Renew your domain name on time: Be sure to renew your domain name before it expires to avoid losing it to someone else. Consider setting up automatic renewals to avoid forgetting to renew your domain.
- Consider buying multiple domain extensions: Consider buying multiple domain extensions to protect your brand and make it easier for people to find you online. For example, you might want to register both the .com and .net versions of your domain name.
Domain! Domain! Yes, getting a unique domain will be the game changer for your business. With some efforts and creativity, you will get a domain that will work for your business irrespective of duration. Follow these tips and get a domain if .com is not available.