The selection of web hosting type and plan for websites is one of the major issues a new website owner needs to address. Shared Hosting may appear to be a cost-effective solution for a new website; however, a company website may quickly outgrow the benefits of a shared server setup. This is where VPS hosting, as a natural successor to a shared hosting plan, comes into play.
Virtual private server shortly addressed as VPS is a web hosting type. It’s a virtual machine or container, so you can’t manipulate a dedicated physical server. This is done with Type 1 or Type 2, which divides a physical server into many virtual servers (e.g. VirtualBox). Each virtual machine can run its own OS, and a certain amount of memory and storage resources on the physical server are allocated. You may not have the ability to edit the kernel on the same features as a dedicated server. The own files, databases, and configurations of VPS are kept.
Virtual private server (VPS) hosts server environments that virtually imitate them on dedicated servers. VPS hosting is popular because it is usually cheaper than other hosting and offers better reliability, safety, and efficiency than hosting in common. In addition, users get root access to the server and have the freedom to install applications and modify the environment without the hosting service provider, as with shared hosting.
VPS is also an ideal choice for SaaS providers, managers, designers, shared hosting companies, and any organization requiring a safe and inexpensive backup environment.
Types of VPS Hosting
- Cloud Server
- Managed VPS
- Self-managed VPS
- Unmanaged VPS
- High-Availability VPS
- Cloud VPS
Managed VPS Hosting
A VPS, which is managed completely by the hosting service provider, uses pre-installed server management software on a pre-set OS. The most common CentOS system administration software is typically WHM and cPanel. Often this is known as cPanel VPS Hosting while you are using Linux hosting plans. However, there are companies that use Plesk, DirectAdmin, or Virtualizor.
Whatever the OS and admin applications, the hosting company is responsible for core server maintenance and management duties mentioned below.
- Technical assistance
- Monitoring of servers
- Defense against malware
- Defense against service denial (DoS)
- Software updates for OS and Sysadmin
A managed VPS plan provided by the hosting provider is enriched with functions such as core upgrades, software installation and maintenance. The hands-free approach makes it possible for new business owners to focus on other business aspects without worrying too much about the server. This makes it a good decision for people with no previous technical experience to manage the server and the hosting control panel.
Advantages of Managed VPS Hosting
- Enhanced protection for the server: While VPS hosting is considered a safe hosting solution, much of it depends on the configuration of the shared hosting. One of the main benefits of a VPS server is that you have full root access to your website. You can configure a server or install compatible apps to increase server security by fully accessing the server.
- Fast performance: There are several explanations for the time of loading the website or application. Statistics have shown that if websites are not loaded within 6-7 sec, users who visit a website are more likely to leave the webpage. Moreover, it is understood that Google uses speed as a classification metric, which means that faster websites mean more visits and essentially more customers.
SSD VPS hosting provides your website more reliable performance and quick loading times, compared to shared hosting for small business owners not prohibited.
- Resource Scalability: VPS hosting also offers highly scalable results. With the VPS hosting package, you can quickly and without downtime alter the resources assigned to the server (for example, CPU, RAM, disc space).
With your VPS hosting plans, you can contact your hosting provider and upgrade your hosting plan if you ever need more power.
- Customer support:Managed VPS Hosting provides improved customer service around the clock. You would have a lot of questions about your hosting plan or server management if you were a novice. The managed hosting plan has a dedicated technical support staff who manages and provides the servers. This makes it easy for you to run your website. You get professional customer service in unmanaged VPS plans. However, you are primarily responsible for the management of the server resources.
- Simple to use: Managed VPS Hosts offer additional advantages for new website owners with an easy-to-use hosting solution. The hosting provider takes care of each feature required to manage your Website, making your online experience less monotonous.
- Automatic back-up:The services provider creates daily backups of your server data in a completely operated VPS hosting scheme. Reliable VPS hosting services have strong plans to avoid data loss in disaster recovery.
It is you who must take measures in unmanaged VPS hosting to avoid loss of data. Since your service provider is unable to back up important records, you are at risk of losing them.
- Saves time:All the above advantages give the managed VPS an additional value and save time, which in business terms means cost savings.
The advantage of managed VPS hosting is that it is the ideal solution for new business websites. Managed VPS plans provide the ideal performance balance and cost-effectiveness and are therefore a viable choice for new companies powered on budget.